Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Polling Place Photo Project



click on the photo to view my polling place photo project


The Polling Place Photo Project, which was created in 2006, is an example of citizen journalism from the New York Times which allows voters to take photos of the polling place where they made their voting choices.

In addition to showing reader pictures of various polling places, each set of user submitted photos includes information on the polling place, such as how many workers were present, how many people were waiting in line, and how satisfactory the service was at the location being featured.

This morning, I ventured to the polling place set up at the Wentworth Institute so I could contribute to this project. I arrived at roughly 11:30 to see no lines, a helpful staff, and a small handful of people exercising their right to vote.

As an aside, I was very disappointed to see Jay Rosen was one of the founders of this project. After seeing a video where he acted like his blog was the greatest and most important thing ever, I am disappointed that I have to give the arrogant SOB any sort of work that could contribute to his ego, which at this point, is roughly the size of Texas and California combined.

No comments: